- Phone Sales Seminars
- Custom Training
- Contact Us
Telemarketing, telesales, cold calling ... whatever you want to call it (and I'll use the terms interchangeably), the professional use of the phone in sales is a process, not a goofy technique or gimmick.
We're going to travel through every part of the professional telesales- telemarketing call, in order, discussing proven tips that can help you right now. Let's go!
PRE-CALL PLANNING PHONE SALES TRAINING
1. Have a primary objective for every telemarketing call, defined as, "What do I want them to DO as a result of t his call, and what do I want to do?"
2. Prepare questions for your telesales call using your call objective. Ask yourself, "How can I persuade them to take this action as a result of asking questions, as opposed to talking?" Remember, people believe more
of their ideas than yours.
3. Also have a secondary objective for each telephone sales call...something you'll strive to accomplish, at minimum, every time. Pick something you'll have a reasonably good chance to succeed with, such as, "Getting their
agreement they will accept my literature and place it in their 'Backup Vendor' file." This way, you can enjoy success on every call you place, and that does wonders for your attitude.
BEFORE REACHING THE DECISION MAKER
4. Treat the screener as you would the customer--this person determines whether or not you'll even have a chance to speak with the buyer.
5. Gather as much information as you can from whomever you are able, prior to speaking with your prospect; busy decision makers get bored when they have to answer your basic qualifying questions. Use the "Help" technique: "I hope you can help me. So I'm better prepared when I speak with Ms. Big, there's probably some information you could provide me..."
Source: Art Sobcza Link
Related: Telephone Sales Training